Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Beautiful Fashion :: Polyvore

It's been a while since I've played on this site. Mostly because of my dismal laptop battery life... I can't sit on the couch and play on it while Shmoopie watches sports without dragging out my power cord, moving the couch to get to the outlet, blah blah blah. But, I've decided that I'm just going to have to get over it because Polyvore is such a FUN site. Such a wonderful creative outlet. I get to play with designer, fantasy fashion without having to fork out the big bucks! It's like Barbies* for grown ups. Sort of.
Here are some of my favorite "sets" from the past. I should curl up (baby, it's cold outside) and create some more!






*so, when I was a kid, I used to go through fashion magazines and recreate looks for my Barbies using her clothes and by stitching together bits and scraps of fabric. I still do this... but on a larger (and realistically proportioned) scale!

I hope you're having a BEAUTIFUL day!

2 comments:

  1. You are so fun! I'm always inspired by your fashion sense. Thanks for keeping your ear to the wire so I don't have to! Question about the "someone" set: would you really wear the shoulder ripped long sleeved top? I'm just saying, that kind of reminds me of those tops from the 90's with both shoulders out that were kind of trashy. You could pull it off, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh girl, it's all just fantasy. In that set, I was going for sort of a classy gal / wild gal contrast.
    Besides... let me just tell you... I tried on a heavy knit jersey (sweatshirt?) pencil skirt at Forever 21. Just for fun. Thinking it might be a nice alternative to jeans. You know? So, I tried it on... turned around...and BAM! My butt was HUGE! Holy cow! I honestly had to laugh out loud! So.... NO. I would not be wearing anything like that dress any time soon. Or ever. (o:

    ReplyDelete